Sunday, October 23, 2011

Water Activity

My mom used to tell me kids who do a lot of dumping and pouring 
activities when they are young can increase their math skills.

I decided that Santiago and I would have fun learning about 
math, and mixing colors through a water "hands-on" activity.

I took a large container and added three bowls of colored water.
Then I put out several other containers and cups so he could pour and dump.


Ten second after introducing Santiago to it he had dumped two bowls out....


...one minute after that he had dumped out the other bowl and climbed in....


...he spent the rest of the time climbing out...


...and back in...


Well, maybe it was not quite the "math experience" I had imagined but he REALLY had a fun time...


...and I was happy because it kept him busy and clean-up was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment