On October 29th we had Santiago's "First Birthday Celebration."
Since he was one year old he got to invite one friend.
He immediately chose his best friend and prima Isabella!
He chose Bob the Builder as a theme because he loves anything with wheels.
He is also enthralled with balloons, so we knew they had to play a part.
Luckily his Tita Maria as a large collection of trucks for him and
Bella to play with and his Papa has cones to drive them around.
Here is the party table, complete with presents!
Santiago got right to business playing with the balloons.
First I tried making a cake that looked like a dump truck...
...but it ended up looking more like a deformed low rider...
...so I settled for a construction zone cake...
Happy Birthday!
We sang Happy Birthday to Our Little Man
He was a little unsure..
Then we tried to put on his construction hat for a few pictures..
..he thought it had better uses...
After a little game of peek-a-boo- we set some cake in front of him...
I had not even planned on giving him some...
My friends all hoped their child would dig into their cake for an awesome photo op.
but they all said it failed and their kid could care less about eating the cake.
I did not even put the kid in his high chair because I thought even if I gave him a piece he would just poke at it. I guess I was wrong! The moment a piece was placed in front of him he dug his hands in.
So everyone grabbed their cameras. I am glad they did!
Here is the first pic of his hands in the cake....then here is the first pic of him tasting his birthday cake...
can you see in his eyes? it is all over now...the kid has tasted sugar! :)
So he went to town... I should have stopped him...you can see he wondered if I was going to...
...but he enjoyed his cake...
...he enjoyed it very much...
...every last drop!
Then we washed him up, changed him, and set him out to play.
He discovered his banner...I think he decided it would be more fun to play with
than just hanging on the wall there.
Finally, It was present time...first Abuelo gat him a nightlight..
Then he ripped in to the present from Tia Michelle, Prima Bella, and Tio Juan..
..they gave him bath crayons to color the tiles in the tub
(pictures in next blog), and a push lawn mower...
...we put the lawn mower together, but then it made noise and scared him so he left it alone.
Finally he opened up the present from Tita, this is his second try at opening the present,
the first try was a fail because something in the bag made loud noises.
As you can see he has his hand on my leg so he feels safe trying again...
The first present from Tita is a very cool car carrier truck. The top level actually folds out and the whole hitch can come off the front diesel truck. It is all wooden and really nicely made. He eventually pulled out the second car, but there is no pictures because he also ran away from that noise. He is getting used to it at home though, and one day he may actually play with it... :)
Uncle Devon and Tia Abbie gave him the cutest little pooh bear card.
He also got a Thanksgiving outfit and two pair of shoes from the Mather family (you will see pics in my Thanksgiving blog) and his friend Alex from next door brought him a Buzz Lightyear outfit complete with vest.
Then Bella woke up... So Santi gave hugs to Bella..
...hugs for Tio Juan...
...more hugs for Bella..
...and kisses for Bella.
Then he was off to play with his new toys...The lawn mower pops when you push it, and has a lot of fun little gadgets to play with such a a gas can, pull string, gear shift, and start key.
I think it was a great party!
Santi wants to say think you to everyone for coming and all the fun gifts!






we are so glad we were able to celebrate Santi's 1st birthday with him. The photos of Santi giving Bella love are so sweet.
ReplyDelete