Purple Cow Anyone?
This last week our little one was about the size of a grape. That seems so tiny. Especially because I already have to wear my "Be Band" with several pairs of my jeans. Yikes! After Gerardo and I debated on the recipe for last week I have decided on purple cow. I decided on this because I found out that some people do not know about purple cows and this is rather unfortunate. I do not know where the tradition came from but if you are in for a yummy easy treat try this.
So technically I am cheating a bit because I use grape juice concentrate instead of real grapes in their natural form but stick with me here.
Simply take Vanilla Ice Cream (or vanilla frozen yogurt) and Frozen Grape Juice
Fill up your ice cream dish and spoon a small amount of frozen concentrate over the top.
I suggest not mixing or stirring it in, I think it ruins the whole effect.
The bitter taste of the concentrated juice tastes delicious with the sweet ice cream and we call it a purple cow.
This week I am suppose to use a kumquat. I had never tasted one until we went to a citrus tasting a few weeks ago. I thought it tasted like a mix between a lemon and an orange, and I did not like it. I think I am going to go searching other websites to see what they compare a baby at 10 weeks gestation to. Hopefully I can eat something different this next week!
P.S. For those of you who have not discovered the be band, it is fantastic for these beginning months when you are not ready to wear maternity clothes, but do not want to squeeze into jeans. Honestly I think I am afraid of squeezing my little grape too.

A purple cow sounds delicious. I will have to try this. Next week you will also be the size of a plum. It might be easier to find a recipe with plums over kumquats.
ReplyDelete