Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 10 - Plum

Plum Torte
I asked Gerardo to find a recipe for plums. I am so glad he found this one! It was so delicious. It is pretty simple and easy to make. It is however, not diet food. :) I found myself trying to give some to everyone who stopped by so I would not eat it all! It tastes like a "cake-y" cobbler.

-1 stick of butter (unsalted) (It was suppose to be softened but I melted it and it worked fine)
-3/4 cup plus one or two TBLS sugar
-1 cup flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 eggs
-pinch of salt
-4 plums pitted and halved (I used only 3 and sliced them into small wedges or slices and I think next time I will cut them in small cubes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or more to taste

Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Ad flour, baking powder, eggs and salt. Beat well to mix. (I left my mixer on high for a minute or two) Spoon batter into a ungreased 9 or 10 inch springform pan. (I just put it in a small greased square glass dish). COver the top with the plums skin side down. Mix the cinnamon with remaining sugar and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. I liked it warm and think it would be good with a little vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment