Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 12 - Lime

So here is a great party slush. My mom has made it for a few party's she has had and it is especially nice on a really hot day. OK OK so it is not really lime so I am also adding a recipe from my mom, I absolutely love that uses lots of limes. I just did not make it this week…...

Limeade Slush

Add 3 Cups of Sugar and 10 Cups of Water to a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Take it off the heat and let it cool. Add 6 oz of limeade concentrate and freeze. Take frozen mixture out of freezer and chop it up. Put it into serving bowl and add two liters of sprite. Serve immediately. Yummy stuff! Good luck!

Chicken Pad Thai

Pasta of your liking -1/2 pkg?- (Thin is best)
1/2 lb of chicken (I usually use 2-3 - 1/2 chicken breast pieces)

1/8 cup fish sauce (this can be found in the section of oriental foods)
1/4 cup + 2 TBLS brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp paprika

2 cloves chopped garlic
4 slivered green onion chopped (optional)

2 eggs

3/4 lb bean sprouts
2 TBLS crushed red pepper
3/4 cup chopped peanuts (sometimes I substitute other nuts)
Fresh steamed green beans (a few handfuls worth) AND/OR other veggies
Several lime wedges

Cook Pasta. Toast peanuts. Steam veggies.
Mix fish sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and paprika. Set sauce aside.
Heat pan cook chicken. When meat is almost done add garlic and onion. Add sauce heat through. Add noodles and eggs. Cook eggs thoroughly on low heat. Add sprouts, crushed pepper, peanuts, and veggies.
Garnish with a lot of lime juice and enjoy!!!


2 comments:

  1. A big two thumbs up for the Slush. Anything with that much sugar is going to taste delicious.

    A big two thumbs down for the Chicken Pad Thai. The stuff is nasty! I mean, it has fish sauce (or oil, or something like that) in it. I'm sorry, but if you like not seeing what you ate for breakfast, half way digested, after lunch time, then stay away from this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of us just have more refined taste than others. So if you still only like mac and cheese and fries, perhaps you should stay away from this one.

    ReplyDelete