Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 13 - Shrimp

Awww. Our little shrimp. :) I have been looking forward to this week. I love shrimp. Last pregnancy I was too scared to eat any seafood. I thought it would damage my baby for sure. This time around I have just made sure to read up on all the rules and stay on the safe side. For this week I knew I wanted shrimp cocktail. I have only tried my Mother-in-Law's and I love it!! I asked her for a recipe but she does not use one…so we made a day out of it. Gerardo had last Monday off. WE dropped Santiago off with Maria while we went to the OB-GYN. Little peanut is doing great. Looks like we may have another active one. The baby was bouncing all around the womb while we were trying to watch. Then when we returned all of us headed to FoodCo in Tulare to shop for the ingredients. Santiago loves shopping and was excited to get out.
So this is the recipe……sort of…..I did my best with measurements and guessing.

Maria's Shrimp Cocktail
-1 stalk of celery chopped
-1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro chopped
-2 cups (or more) imitation crab
-1 & 1/2 lbs shrimp (peeled & tails off)
-32 oz of Picante Clamato (or tomato cocktail)
-2 stalks of green onion chopped
-1-2 avocados peeled and chopped (we did not have any ripe so this was omitted this time)

Put all ingredients in large bowl and stir.

Garnish with
-crushed crackers or tostados
-tapatio (or hot sauce)
-lime or lemon juice (my preference is lime)

Then enjoy and repeat!  Mmmmm yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment