Thursday, June 14, 2012

Week 26 - English Cucumber

What better recipe to make with a English Cucumber than an English Cucumber Tea Sandwich. I looked up many different recipes for this. I remember having these sandwiches with a cream cheese spread of some kind. There were several like this and several variations of how to put it together. 

Then I saw a comment from a woman from England and she basically said all of these "English" recipes were not true. She said the real English Cucumber Tea Sandwich was simply white bread (or light wheat), with butter spread on both sides, and thin pieces of cucumber and pepper. She said not to add salt because it would draw out the water from the cucumber and make your sandwich soggy. So there you go..bread, butter, cucumbers, and salt. 

I decided since I have a English heritage I should do it the right way. So I made it and I really liked it, but more importantly Santiago loved it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment