I am embarrassed to write this blog. Mostly because I did not even know what a rutabaga looked like. I remember the Rabbit from Winnie The Pooh saying something about his Rutabaga patch a few times. The second reason I am embarrassed is because there is no cute picture of a rutabaga. Just forget it. I tried looking.
While I was thinking about this I was talking to my sister. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: "Paige do you know any recipes I could use a rutabaga in?"
Paige: "Oh!" She exclaims like she does know a recipe. "You know Olivia the pig…the cartoon?"
Me: "Yes."
Paige: "Well Olivia was a Rutabega in her school play about a garden."
Me: …….cricket……cricket….
Me: "Paige that is absolutely no help to me at all."
Paige: "Oh sorry."
I have teased her about it ever since.
I am sorry to say I still have not found a great recipe for rutabaga. The one I used is decent I just happen to prefer sweet potato fries better.
Click Here for the recipe:

No comments:
Post a Comment