Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 28 - Chinese Cabbage

This was a fun week. I was excited because I immediately thought of egg rolls. I never get them when we go out to eat, but I always want them. So I found a great recipe from I also cooked the pre-made orange chicken from Costco. Dinner was Delicious! The original recipe is HERE but this is the recipe with my changes…

Cindi's Egg Rolls

1 pound ground pork
4 cups shredded chinese cabbage
handful of baby carrots, shredded
dried onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons ginger
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 quart oil for frying ( I used much less)
1/2 package egg roll wrappers
1 1/2 cups sweet and sour sauce

Directions
  1. Cook pork in a large wok over medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
  1. In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, carrot, onion, garlic and ginger. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey until smooth.
  1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok. Stir in cabbage mixture, cooking just until tender. Return vegetables to bowl, and mix in pork. Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
  1. Heat 1 quart oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
  1. Place about 1 tablespoon filling on each egg roll wrapper. Follow directions on package for filling and folding the wrappers.
  1. Fry egg rolls in batches in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet and sour sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment