Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week 32 - Jicama

Baby girl is the weight of a jicama. I am so excited about this recipe. I really love salads. I am not talking just lettuce and dressing, but salads with gourmet toppings. When I found this recipe with jicama in it I had to go for it. The original recipe is here.  It is called:

Southwestern Chicken Salad
  • Prepare:
  • 2-3 flour tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips fried in olive oil till crispy
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • Start with:
  • 6 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups chopped tomatoes, divided
  • 1/2 cup cubed peeled jicama
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Mix:
  • 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing mixed with 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce

Enjoy! I thought it was delicious. I had another salad with the leftovers the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment