Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 31 - Orange

As promised this recipe also comes from my grandmas kitchen. I do not have the original recipe, Just people's memory as to how it was made. The original recipe comes from Rhodes then she tweaked it a bit. I cannot seem to make them taste exactly like hers, but even the smell in my house reminds me of her so it is worth it. 

Orange Rolls

12 frozen dinner rolls
1 orange rind grated
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs butter melted
3 Tbs orange juice
1/2 teas vanilla extract

Instructions:
Thaw dough according to package. Mix grated rind with sugar. Then some people think she rolled the individual rolls in the mixture, or just dipped the bottom, or mixed it in the dough. I think it is delicious anyway it is done. Next place rolls in a greased muffin tin, leave in a warm place and let them double in size. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool on a rack and them drizzle the glaze on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment