I want to remember later in life what my life was like now, so there are no misconceptions later.
A friend once told me that she tries to record her life in a positive but truthful manner. I often try to take pictures of the cleaner parts of my house. SO this is mostly to remind me that while I spent time with my kids and family, went to school, and was actively religious I let the house be messy, hopefully so I could focus my attention on what matters most.
Never has the story of Martha and Mary meant so much to me as it does to me now.
I realize that what Martha was doing was not a bad thing
(neither is cleaning my house or mowing the lawn)
and while these things have to be done they do not take priority over that which is most important.
I do not want to be "careful and troubled" over that which will not last.
Recently I heard Linda S Reeves a leader in my church speak on this.
It is absolutely true and I try to live it everyday!
So this is my house one day as I ran around doing not only the normal routine but this fun and exciting summer list. Really I am glad to not be cleaning. :)
Side note…I really had a hard time getting this stupid picture up here.
It would not post on the blog…Almost like my blog was saying "NOOOOOO!" haha
No comments:
Post a Comment