Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Soup

I love Fall. 
I love how the leaves are changing colors.
I love that I get to pull out my sweaters and see if they fit.
I love that I can buy new sweaters. ;)
I love that all the great holidays are just around the corner.
I love the cool crisp air.
And I LOVE fall food.

So many things this time of year seem to be pumpkin flavored, 
sweet breads are abundant and warm soups seem to hit the spot.

So today in celebration of Fall I decided to make Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden 
&
Butternut Squash Soup from a recipe on Pinterest.

So it was off the Farmer Laro's (a permanent roadside stand with locally grown fruits and vegetables at a 1/3 the price) for butternut squash. Then to my local supermarket for the rest. I debated on which Italian Sausage to get, I finally decided on a NY hot Italian Sausage.  I came home and got started right away. 2 1/2 hours later my house now smells like soup, my hubby is home, and I am ready to get a bowl and sit on my recliner with a blanket and savor my creation.

I already tasted the Tuscana, it turned out better than I remembered the Garden doing it.
The Butternut Squash is on it's last simmer, but it smells delicious too.

Did I mention I love Fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment