Monday, January 9, 2012

Kidney Bean - Week 8

Oh no! I already got my week 9 pregnancy e-mail and I have not put up my post for week 8. It has been a crazy few weeks. Gerardo has had work off for the last few weeks. Santiago and I loved having him around all the time. We both miss him already on his first day back.
This week (or rather last week) our baby was the size of a kidney bean. I have again pulled out a family favorite recipe for this one. The recipe is originally from "Favorites - An Collection of Favorite Ivory Family Recipes." I have just changed a few things.
Favorite Chili-
1 lb ground beef
1/2 white onion chopped 
 3 cloves of garlic minced (or garlic powder)
2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans (drained and rinsed well)
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 (16 oz) chili beans undrained
2 pkgs chili seasoning - this makes all the difference I use the Tex-Mex chili seasoning
dash or sprinkle of basil
one (8 oz) can of tomato sauce

Brown ground beef and onions in pan. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. 
Turn to low heat and simmer for at least two hours. 
We really like it served over baked potatoes.  Yummy! Enjoy!

Next week (this week) our baby is the size of a grape. I already have something in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment