Saturday, January 7, 2012

Prayer

Santiago adores his father. You can see it in his eyes as he looks at him. I can tell by how excited he gets when we hear "papa" unlocking the door to come in at the end of a work day. I can see it when he tries to wrestle with his papa on the floor. I can see it when he "plays soccer" with him up and down our hallway. But most of all I can see it when he tries to emulate everything he does.
The other day Gerardo was looking for a nail hole in the wall so he stood close to the wall and put both of his hands up against the wall to feel it. In a matter of seconds Santiago was right below him standing close to the wall, with his hands up against the wall too looking up at his papa.
Last night we were saying our family prayer together before putting Santiago down to bed.  He folded his arms for the first time. He looked at his dad and did what he was doing. It reminded me how crucial it is to be a good example for our little ones and teach them through our actions.
Wish I had a picture for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment