Monday, February 27, 2012

It won't be like this for long...

I was close to tears this morning during breakfast. We'll blame it on the hormones. :) I had made banana waffles this morning. Santiago was in his highchair and was looking too cute. He was using a "real" fork to feed himself waffle. I was just thinking how fast he was growing when this song came on….


It just reminded me that I need to take every minute 
because it won't be like this for long. 
Love you baby boy!




1 comment:

  1. Oh man I don't blame you! I was watching my little girls one day and thinking about how sad it made me that they were growing up and I wrote this. Enjoy! Love you!

    Sands of Time

    My baby girl is growing up
    Her childhood is slipping away
    Through my fingers like sand
    I try to hold it tighter, keep it longer
    But my efforts only make the sand
    Slip faster, and then its gone

    I try to mold the sand
    To the design I would wish
    Forever young, and carefree
    But alas, the winds of change
    Carry the sand upon the water

    Where the waves that are life
    Teach her that sometimes
    We have to ride the water that
    Tosses and turns and in the end
    We have learned and we are
    Eternally better for the growth

    I cannot shield her as I wish
    From growing old
    From the winds of change
    Or the waves of life
    So I will hold her, watch her
    Teach her and love her

    And when its time
    For her to leave my side
    I will stand back, shed a tear
    And in my wrinkled hand
    I will hold a few simple grains
    Soft sand, memories of childhood

    ReplyDelete