Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday

So my birthday this year was just going to be a normal day like any other day. My husband of course surprised me with gifts and spoiled me. But I had imagined the day would be just another day in my already wonderful life. I woke up and did my normal things with Santiago. I used my time while he was sleeping to read instead of doing homework or housework. (A little present to myself)
All day long I received phone calls from friends and family. A few friends got together and gave me a birthday card. My family and mother-in-law sent presents, and I was already feeling very blessed. 
Then Gerardo took me to grab a quick bite (My favorite- traditional Applebee's hot wings) before he left for his meeting at 4:30. Then I headed out to class at 6:00. Some friends from class had gotten together and brought dinner and snacks for everyone. When I walked in everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. That was a fun surprise too. WE got out early from class which was really nice, and I got a few more birthday phone calls. 
Then around 9:30 someone else dropped off cookies and a card to wish me happy birthday. WOW I feel so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so many loving family and friends. What a fantastic birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment