Heirloom tomato? Honestly I do not know the difference between this and a regular garden variety. I am pretty sure I have bought this type before and I think it tastes the same. I guess it is just a really old variety. I make so many things with tomatoes but I recently ate (not made) a dish with tomatoes that is less common so I thought I would share it. It is something we had at home and family parties often it is always a big hit.
Hawaiian Haystacks
*Brown or White Rice (prepared)
*Chicken Gravy-(This particular recipe comes from my friend Shauna)
Cooked shredded or cubed Chicken (this dish can be as meaty or not as you please)
one part cream of chicken
two parts chicken broth
and any seasonings salt-pepper-etc
Then you just top individual portions with gravy and add toppings (which make this meal)
You can be as creative or simple as you like, here are some ideas,
*Pineapple
*Shredded Coconut
*Diced Tomatoes (Heirloom if you please)
*Peas (fresh or frozen)
*Slivered Almonds
*Shredded Cheese
*Diced Bell Pepper
*Raisins (my fav)
*Olives
*Chow Mein Noodles
*Chopped Green Onion
*Diced Celery
So this may sound odd but it is really good, let me know if you try it for the first time!
*Note- This is not a traditional Hawaiian meal I think it gets its name from the pineapple and coconut toppings, thus called Hawaiian.

No comments:
Post a Comment